Possible new slogans for the Great Lakes State ...
WHAT?? Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice (If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you) isn't good enough???
- The Snow Me state!
- It's pronounced Macki-NAW... I don't care if it has a "C."
- We're actually north of Canada.
- Let's Fish again in Michigan.
- The one that looks like a mitten and a rabbit, you moron!
- Where used cars from Florida bring top dollar.
- No hurricanes here.
- The land of 2 seasons: Winter and Construction. ... or ...
- The Orange Barrel State...
(by Henry Payne, © 2007 Detroit News)
- Stop and see the Giant Man-eating Clam on the trip north.
- So close to Canada you can hardly tell the difference.
- The last line of defense against Canada.
- We know the rules to euchre.
- Got fudge?
- Two Mystery Spots. No waiting.
- Yes, the Porcupines are real mountains.
- Soda? We say pop here, buddy.
- The Midwestern "M" state without a wrestler as a former governor.
- No riots in Detroit since 1967. (Can't say the same about East Lansing though!)
- More than just boarded-up auto plants.
- Casino fever - catch it.
- Home of Kalkaska dirt, our state soil.
- Sandy beaches without severe undertow.
- Happiness is a warm pasty.
- Imagine an island where horse manure still litters the streets.
- Water enough for any drought.
- Visit Hell, Paradise,and then Climax all in the same day.
- Birthplace of Meijer Thrifty Acres.
- Where Ontario is a shortcut to New York.
- Just a serial killer away from enacting capital punishment.
- Gerald R. Ford slept here.
- It's called snow. Get used to it.
- Where the names of high-toned suburbs needlessly end with "e."
- The buck stops here.
- Deer processing available here.
- Not as flat as Indiana.
- Once a swamp unfit for habitation.
- Try eating corn flakes without us.
- Hardly any annoying lizards or poisonous snakes.
- Big on flannel.
- It's not the heat. It's the humidity.
- Smoked fish sold here.
- Good people with camping trailers.
- We moved American history to Dearborn.
- Uncle Ted rules.
- No toll roads and proud of it.
- Who you calling a hick?
- Our biggest bridge makes yours look puny.
- Nearly went to war with Ohio once and will do it again if they pull any funny stuff.
- Land of snow machines and bass boats.
- !#@%*+$#! mosquitoes.
- We know a place where wooden shoes are always in style.
- Where lousy teams get new stadiums.
- Consider Amway.
- Speed limit back up to 70, so move it.
- The Red Wings State.
- Three out of four seasons very pleasant.
- Canadian money accepted.
- Yes, it gets even colder than this.
- Probably north of wherever you're from.
- Mountains?! We don't need no stinkin' mountains!!
- The Snowshine State.
- You'd never guess Madonna was born here.
- Where men are men and deer are dear.
- Where troll's live under da Bridge.
- Where else can you find Yoopers and Trolls all in one state?
If you would like to add your own favorite to this list, send it along to me at
and I'll consider it.
Back to the Michi-Fun Page.
This page is maintained by Ryan Simmons, at .
Updated in January 2008